Sunday, March 2, 2014

Triathlon for the Every Woman -- An Inspiring Book

March 2, 2014
Triathlon for the Every Woman
Author:  Meredith Atwood

I started listening to Triathlon for the Every Woman while running distance.  It is SO good.  I consider this book a must-read for every woman who has ever doubted that she can accomplish an endurance race.  The author calls herself Run-Bike-Mom (RBM) and has given affectionate names to the characters in her life.  My favorite is Coach Monster (her coach).  RBM is so human - just like me (and you) as she struggles to balance work, parenting and training.  And her humor has left me literally laughing out loud on several long runs.  In addition, RBM provides great advice for triathletes including tips from Coach Monster as appropriate.  Although I have never met her and probably never will, I feel great affection for her.

Swim-Bike-Mom's website is also worth exploring.  I especially like the posters which can be downloaded (with proper citation) for free.  Here's a couple:
 
I especially like this poster. 
My poster would say:

I am definitely NOT a superhero, supermodel or superstar.  But I am a wife, mother, grandmother and friend who at age 60, went super far.  With each mile, I learned exactly how blessed I am.

I am Sue.
I am Swim Bike Run Grandma.
I am a Triathlete.







Other posters especially I like:


No comments:

Post a Comment