Monday, May 11, 2015

Eating for Performance



DRAFT - IN PROGRESS


EATING FOR PERFORMANCE
May 4, 2015


Today was my meeting with the sports performance nutritionist at Indiana University.  When I went to bed last night, I had no idea how emotional today would be.  I put together a history of my weight over the last eight weights, and for the last week, I gave details - calories consumed, foods consumed, training details and calories expended during training (according to Garmin). 


I spoke last week with my doctor about where to stop losing weight earlier in the week.  He said with firmness not to go below 135.  I decided that I didn’t want to go below 140 to give myself a little buffer.  Yesterday, I weighed 146.8 prior to taking a cheat day.  This morning, I weighed 149.5 (probably a lot of water weight from the additional salt I ate yesterday). 

the day before and after a cheat following that weekend, I currently weighed 149.5.  So the question was still about where to stop.  The other question was about how to stop.  Did I want to stop by gradually increasing my calories to a place where I was no longer losing or did I want to stop abruptly?  I developed a temporary plan

No comments:

Post a Comment