Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Off Season Training

Off-Season Training
April 14, 2015


OFF SEASON

I can't believe the off-season is almost over! My goal for the off season has been to do exactly what my coach tells me to do, every day, no exceptions. I'm pleased to say that I haven't missed one day of training since my last race in October - even trained on Christmas. And with maybe a couple of exceptions, I believe I implemented each workout with integrity. They say that winners are made in the off season. I hope that's true!

This week, we moved from base period to build period. More miles, more intensity. Pretty pumped.

I did go through a period of mojo-lacking a few weeks ago. I started to not trust my training - and it's hard to put in the effort when you're not sure that the work is what you need to be doing. Luckily, I was able to discuss the issue with my coach and I'm back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment