Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Hard Brick Workout - NAILED IT.



Hard Brick Workout - NAILED IT.
June 3, 2014

Total Time:  1 hour, 15 minutes
Bike:  45 minutes in zone 2 hart rate  +  15 minutes in zone 3 heart rate (tempo)
Run:   5 minutes in zone 2 heart rate + 10 minutes in zone 4 heart rate (lactate threshold)

NAILED IT!!!   I think I’m as excited about this brick as I was at the end of the half marathon. 

Here are my run stats according to Garmin.  What a HUGE relief to know that I have more in me than what I showed last weekend in Richmond Autocar 5K.  I was so worried that all the work I did in the off season had not made a difference in my run pace.  So happy that even after riding for an hour, I was able to do this run pace.  Sure beats the 14:40 I ran in the sprint triathlon last weekend.  Phew!  

So, so pleased that my coach had me do this workout and took the time to help me understand tempo and lactate threshold during our "sit down" after the race.  I was able to make my heart rate do what it was supposed to do.  How cool is that?!  Happy, happy! 

Hooray for confidence building!

No comments:

Post a Comment